Monday

Adeste

I saw Emiko's work long before I ever met her. And even after I met her, it was weeks before I realized she was the woman who had drawn this amazing piece of work. When the connection was made, it was fantastic ~ I had been so enthralled by Adeste, and then I had come to really like Emiko. To have the two belong together made me very happy!
And when she offered to illustrate my book, I was REALLY pleased!
Adeste is unlike any of the illustrations in Fish Tree Tales, and yet I see elements of it within those same illustrations. The thing that impresses me most about Emiko's work is the fine detail. She has a strong talent for picking up on and adding minute, tiny details that add depth and meaning to the whole. If you are not looking closely, you will miss them.
Look closely at this one! Click on the photo to get a close-up view. It's astounding!

No comments:

Post a Comment