Monday

Not Another Rink Story...!

Have I mentioned The Rink? You know, the place Danni owns. The place I went nearly every night for dinner & to hang out with friends, different friends every night. Sometimes Emiko, sometimes Roppongi, sometimes Misa or Misaki or Mariko. Yukie or Yuuki, Tomo or Atsu or Mochi-kun. It was always good.
One day Emiko (the illustrator for Fish Tree Tales) sent me a picture of my favorite food at The Rink: chicken dippers with honey mustard sauce. I watched Danni cut and coat and fry and freeze the chicken himself, every Monday, so I know it's "homemade". And went shopping with him sometimes when he bought the ingredients to create his own honey mustard sauce. At The Rink, I'm eating a home-cooked meal, every time. That's one reason I loved it so ~ whether chicken dippers, pizza, nashi goren, chili (HOT HOT HOT!!!), Thai curry, or anything else on the menu, it's all made from scratch. Many times I watched flames shoot up two or three feet while Danni or Atsu cooked in that tiny kitchen! It's an adventure all its own, sitting up at the bar watching the goings-on in the kitchen.
I ordered this so often that we came to call it "Sue Set" ~ Chicken Dippers and a beer. Yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment